Monday 23 January 2012

Converting Type Parameters to Instance Parameters


Here's something that I just discovered....I guess I need to look a little closer as I don't think it's a new feature!

I was working on an existing window family making some modifications by adding some parameters to make the window more "Flexible".... Anyway I discovered that you can convert existing Type Parameters into Instance Parameters simply by simply checking the "Instance Parameter" check box on the option bar after you have selected the Parameter dimension.. Sooo easy!

Here's an example....


Here I converted a Type Parameter that controls the Mullion height into an Instance Parameter.

For this window I also made the vertical mullion an Instance Parameter (but note, I had to then add a reference plane to re-establish the center of the window) so now I have total control of the Mullions for each instance of this window.

No comments:

Post a Comment